Raleigh St. Augustinegrass demonstrates fair shade, cold, frost, heat, and drought tolerance. This versatile turfgrass is used across the southern United States from the Carolinas to California under a wide range of climate and soil conditions making it the ideal choice for residential and commercial use.
Please note that like all turfgrass, Raleigh St. Augustine grass is a living plant, not a miracle grass. When properly maintained, however, Raleigh St. Augustine grass will deliver years of an aesthetically pleasing and functional lawn.
- Winter color: Evergreen to moderate dormancy depending on latitude.
- Hot weather tolerance: Excellent/thrives in hot desert areas.
- Cold tolerance: Very good/has survived near 0 degrees F.
- Spring green-up: Excellent.
- Shade tolerance: Very good.
- Wear resistance: Fair.
- Salt tolerance: Thrives on coastal islands.
- Mowing height: 1.5-2.5 inches (Can be mowed 1 inch when maintained properly).
- Recovery from injury: Excellent/runners fill in damaged areas.
- Use: Lawns/residential, commercial.
- Root structure: Fine.
- Drought tolerance: Good once established.
- Texture: Soft to the touch, wide blades.